5.13.2013

"Gatsby? What Gatsby?"

This weekend, I braved the lines alongside many other moviegoers as we experienced the vibrant spectacle that was Baz Luhrmann's rendition of The Great Gatsby. While I found the film slow at times, there is no denying the impeccable artistry and craft of the cinematography, music (click here), costumes, and sets. Expectedly, as my heart is devoted to fashion and style, I could not help but gasp as every Tiffany & Co. diamond, Prada frock, and Brooks Brothers ensemble that flashed before my eyes. The glitzy gals and dapper fellows were outfitted to absolute perfection, and it certainly did not stop at the leading roles seeing as all the extras were equally clad to a tee.

Below are a preview of Miuccia Prada's sketches for her intricate designs...



via Vogue

And a few stills of the clothes coming to life...



via The Great Gatsby (Warner Bros.) Official Movie Site

A video that discusses Tiffany & Co.'s partnership with the film...

...and Prada's partnership...
*Note: by far, the most exquisite look of the entire film was the reincarnated Prada chandelier dress that Daisy wears to the first party she attends at Gatsby's.

...and Brooks Brothers partnership...

All I know is that at this point, I think the easiest way to get myself in these clothes would be to spontaneously become a rather talented actress such that I may be cast in the next screen adaptation of a timeless novel. Good plan? I think so.

Better get to it... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favourite part of having a blog is knowing others read my foolish thoughts. I'd love to hear from you folks...